Learn how to cook “Tave Kosi”, one of the most Delicious and Unique Albanian Dishes. Visit our Cooking Class in Tirana and learn more about Albanian Food. The interesting fact behind it is that it was called also as the “Independence Dish” as was one of the most favorites ones of Ismail Qemali, the first Albanian Prime Minister after the Independence at 1912. For a better taste it is preferable to be eaten warm in its own bowl.Yyou can be easily cooked all year because of the easily to find ingredients.
It is a very easy to prepare dish and can be cooked either with lamb or veal meat, although the traditional recipes is based on lamb.
Simple Steeps for preparing it :
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees C.
2. Boil the lamb meat for about 10 minutes in 1 L of water and pinch of salt.
3. After boiling dice the lamb in small cubes (1cm).Remove the extra fat part.
4. Mix in a bowl the diced meat and 1 tbs of butter. Put it on the pre-heated oven for 7 minutes, until the lamb has turns crispy and light brown.
5. Put a pot in the stove, stir together flour, butter,egg and yogurt.After 2 minutes add the water when lamb had boiled. Mix it well for 3 minutes.
6. Spread all the mass of the Pot to the bowl where the meat was and put it in the oven for 20 minutes in 250 degrees C.
7. Put it out of the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Bon Appetite !
For one bowl of “Tave Kosi” is needed :