We mainly find this kind of Traditional Albanian pastries on southeast Albania. Different from the other pies or Byrek it is prepared in just 2 Layers where the fill-in sits in the middle. The fill-in mass can be cooked differently regarding the taste and season. In this recipe, we will describe how to prepare Lakror me 2 Pere and Spinach.
Simple Steps for preparing this dish :
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees C.
2. Prepare the Dough mixing Flour, a pinch of salt, yeast, and warm water.
3. Work on the dough until it is uniform. Cover it and let it sit for 20 minutes.
4. Dice in small cubes 1 average Onion and 1 Tomato
5. Start frying the onions in a pot with some vegetable oil. Do not season!
6. After being cooked for 15 minutes, the onions will be brown. It is time to add tomatoes.
7. Mix it well, season and cook it for 7 minutes. Put it out of the stove.
8. Roll the bottom layer of the pie and put it in the baking pan after oil touch.
9. Spread the Tomato & Onion filling in in the all bottom layer.
10. Roll the second layer of the pie and twist the sides to prevent the spread of the spinach.
11. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 250 degrees C.
12. Put it out of the oven and cover it with tablecloth for 10 minutes. Dye the pie with butter to stay soft.
For those who have been part of our Cooking Class in Tirana, we whold love to hear you good experience on Trip Adviser Review Section. Review Us here and help us to grow bigger.
In case you haven’t been yet, we would love to welcome you in Tirana. Book your cooking class and see you soon in Tirana
For one medium pie is needed :
250 g of wheat flour
1 egg / 3 pies dough
1 avarage onion
1 avarage tomato
salt and pepper